Staying fit is a necessity in today’s age where people often tend to ignore their health owing to the fast-paced life. The number of unhealthy food items in the market has increased greatly. However, there are certain healthy food products that can help provide relief from a plethora of ailments. Apple cider vinegar is one of them; it has been used as a health tonic for several hundred years. This tonic has many health benefits and aids in lowering blood sugar levels as well. An apple cider vinegar diet is generally recommended for obese and diabetic patients. Moreover, using apple vinegar for weight loss is a fantastic option as it would not have any adverse effects. Read on to know how you can incorporate apple cider vinegar into your diet and its benefits.
Taking one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar on a daily basis is highly beneficial. If you spread this across two to three doses and consume it before meals, the benefits will only increase. According to several studies, the results of apple cider vinegar weight loss tips have been fantastic as it helps you lose up to 2 kg in around 3 months! While this may seem like a small amount, but if controlling the weight is a necessity, then regular exercise along with a healthy diet can go a long way.
Here are a few of the effects the apple cider vinegar diet has on the body.
- Lowers blood sugar and insulin – It helps lowers blood sugar levels when consumed with a high-carb meal.
- Improves insulin sensitivity – Adding apple cider vinegar to a high-carb meal improves insulin sensitivity by up to 34%.
- Lowers fasting blood sugar – In people with type 2 diabetes, apple cider vinegar with a high-protein evening snack decreases fasting blood sugar by around twice the normal amount.
- Improves the symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) – A small study shows that around 57% of women who took apple cider vinegar resumed ovulation in around 90–110 days.
- Decreases cholesterol levels – It reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
- Lowers blood pressure – Apple cider vinegar helps in reducing blood pressure levels.
- Kills harmful bacteria and viruses – Apple cider vinegar fights the bacteria that causes food poisoning and reduces their numbers by up to 90%. It also reduces harmful viruses by up to 95%.
Over 100 million people in the country suffer from pre-diabetes or diabetes while a number of them are obese. Maintaining a healthy diet is the need of the hour. Do not consume food items rich in sugar and processed food. An apple cider vinegar diet is highly recommended and should be taken in appropriate amounts on a daily basis. While weight loss is not easy, apple cider vinegar weight loss plans have proved to be highly effective. You can consult with your doctor or dietician to check for the appropriate amounts you can consume.