AutoWhat to consider before buying a Chevy Silverado 1500
Chevrolet has been a household name in the automobile industry for over a hundred years now. The auto giant earned a reputation for manufacturing some of the best pickup trucks in recent years and the Silverado series is one stellar example. The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is by far the strongest and technologically advanced pickup designed to get the job done, period! A bigger engine, better transmission, and stellar off-road capabilities rank the 1500 trims in a class of its own.
Here are some of the key highlights of the pickup truck.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is a true commercial workhorse that offers eight trim variants and three custom special editions. The heavier V8 engine trims can haul heavy loads for long distances, while the lighter Turbo trims offer the best fuel economy in its class. Towing and trailering also play an important role when it comes to choosing a trim variant.
Engine and transmission
The bigger the engine block, the more powerful is the pickup. You get multiple options for engines, including your standard V6 or V8 and the more fuel-efficient Duramax® Turbo-Diesel. The Silverado 1500 comes with a 4.3L V6, 5.3L V8, or a 6.2L V8, all great engine blocks for the heavy trims. On the other hand, the 2.7L Turbo and 3.0L Duramax® Turbo are the more fuel-efficient options. The pickup also features 6-speed, 8-speed, and 10-speed automatic transmission options suitable for different size engine blocks. The Hydra-Matic® 10-speed automatic transmission has shorter gears to improve efficiency while shifting the power from lower to higher gears.
Most of the premium trims of the Silverado 1500 offer a 4-wheel-drive. The drivetrain is what transfers the power from the engines to the wheels. 4-wheel drives do offer a better grip in questionable weather and terrain conditions. Granted, it is a slightly more premium option to consider but it is worth the price, especially if you are in the long haul business driving cross country. A 4×4 is definitely a much better option for heavy towing and trailering.
The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers custom drive modes that modify the vehicle’s throttle and handling response. This is a cool feature that adjusts your ride experience depending on the driving and terrain conditions. The Silverado offers normal, tow/haul, sport, off-road, terrain, and snow/ice drive modes to adjust the power and traction accordingly. All this can be done with the simple turn of a dial on the Drive Mode Selector.
The premium trims of the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 are designed to handle off-road and rough terrains thanks to the Z71-off Road package installation. Premium Rencho® Shocks smooth out a bumpy ride while the hill descent control ensures driving safety on steep grades. A metal underbody shield, all-terrain tires, and automatic locking rear differential further ensure better off-road capabilities.
AutoCheck these 4 best small pickup trucks at affordable prices
Small pickup trucks were once primarily used for hauling farming or construction equipment. However, over the years, these trucks have evolved to hauling so many other things. They offer extravagant cargo and passenger space, have rugged capabilities, and are reasonably priced. So, if you are out in the market looking for a small pickup truck, the number of options available can overwhelm you. However, it is best to opt for a pickup truck that satisfies your requirements. To help you narrow down your choices here is a list of some of the best small pickup trucks currently available in the market.
- 2013 Toyota Tacoma
The 2013 Toyota Tacoma is still a very popular pickup truck at an affordable price. It comes in different trim variants and is loaded with a variety of features. Moreover, it gives you an impressive cargo capacity for its size, making it one of the best pickup trucks. Depending on your needs you can either choose a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that gives 159 hp or go for a higher 4.0-litre V6 engine that produces 236 hp. It’s available in both five-speed manual transmission or four-speed automatic transmission. You can even opt for a four-wheel-drive in case you off-road a lot.
- 2016 Chevrolet Colorado
The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is a comfortable ride with spacious and exquisite interiors. It is a compact truck that can be easily driven in the city while offering the capabilities of a full-size truck. The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado is powered by an economical and powerful turbocharged 2.8-liter diesel engine that delivers 369-lb-ft of torque and can tow up to 7,700 lbs of load. On the highway, it gives you an impressive mileage of 28 mpg in a four-wheel-drive configuration with six-speed automatic transmission.
- 2018-2019 Nissan Frontier
Nissan’s 2018-2019 Frontier models make it to the list of the best small pickup trucks for its loading capacity and performance. The Frontier is available in five trim variants that include the first-rate SL trim and Pro-4X, facilitating off-road adventure. You can choose from a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine producing 152 hp and a 4.0-liter six-cylinder engine producing 261 hp. The Frontier can tow a maximum load of 6,720 lbs. There is no significant upgrade in the 2019 model and both feature standard equipment across all trim variants.
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma
The 2015 model of Toyota Tacoma offers a slight upgrade from its 2013 model, but it’s still affordably priced. You can either choose a 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 159 hp or a 4.0-liter V6 engine that produces 236 hp. It offers an impressive mileage of an EPA-estimated 22 mpg combined and 25 mpg on the highway. This is when it is powered by a 2.7L four-cylinder engine, two-wheel-drive configuration, and five-speed manual transmission. Because of its compact size, you can drive it across the city comfortably. For off-roading purposes, it is good to buy the four-wheel-drive variant as it can handle different terrains and weather.
Auto5 affordable crossover SUVs you can buy without thinking twice
Crossover SUVs offer tons of versatility in functionality at practically very affordable prices. Suitable for cargo as well as passenger transportation, crossover SUVs provide the best of both worlds. In addition to being a perfect combination of a passenger car’s fuel economy and a small truck’s cargo capacity, crossover SUVs prices are more pocket-friendly. Crossover SUVs bring in the sturdiness of a pickup truck, spacious cargo hold of hatchbacks, and passenger comfort of a minivan or a wagon. No wonder crossover SUVs have quickly become popular. If you are planning to buy one, here are some popular ones at affordable crossover SUVs prices.
- Hyundai Kona: With prices starting from $20,100, the Hyundai Kona has one of the most affordable crossover SUVs prices. At a budget price, this crossover SUV is replete with outstanding and significantly good features. These include a stylishly quality cabin with a user-friendly infotainment system, good crash test ratings, and agile handling. At such an affordable price tag, this crossover SUV is a catch.
- Kia Sportage: The Kia Sportage can easily accommodate five passengers within its spacious cabin. With a price starting from $23,990, the Kia Sportage is a compact crossover SUV that gives decent performance powered by an efficient four-cylinder engine. For those who require more acceleration power, the SX Turbo trim is the top-of-the-line choice with its 240-horsepower turbo-four engine. Additionally, standard features include a sleek 8-inch touch screen interface with smartphone integration and other standard safety features such as driver condition monitor.
- Subaru Forester: With standard all-wheel drive, the Subaru Forester is priced starting at $24, 495. One of the top-ranking compact crossover SUVs, the Forester offers substantial mileage, comfortable ride, and efficient steering. Additionally, the cabin space is quite spacious with lots of cargo space. With a new lane-centering system, the Forester’s safety features make this a top-notch crossover SUV. All the standard features make it suitable for everyday commute.
- Kia Sorento: Starting at a price of around $26,690, the Kia Sorento is a midsize crossover SUV. It is bang in the middle of the competitive range of SUVs; however, it has less cargo space when compared to others in its range. But, the Kia Sorento makes up with its reasonable price, fuel efficiency, and easy drivetrain. Moreover, it’s interiors are quite comfortable and well-designed. Safety features include the standard rearview camera. Additionally, the car comes with a top-class 7-inch touch screen interface, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
- Chevrolet Traverse: With a large cabin space and enough power, the Chevrolet Traverse is the perfect family cruiser in its range of cross SUVs prices. The range is priced from around $29,800. It is incorporated with the latest infotainment system that has a highly functional 7-inch touch screen interface with WiFi hotspot and smartphone integration. The interiors are quite roomy with space for eight passengers plus additional cargo space. Additionally, the car is equipped with Teen Driver safety features from General Motors.
AutoWhat does your auto insurance policy cover
Auto insurance is mandatory in most states for anyone who plans to drive a rental or buy a vehicle. It is an investment that protects the driver from unforeseen liabilities that may arise due to accidents. The insurance covers the cost of damages done to the vehicle and pays for injuries sustained by the parties involved in the accident. Some insurance companies also provide cover for legal costs and fees in case the aggrieved party decides to press charges. You can browse and easily purchase auto insurance online. But before you do so, take a quick look at what an auto insurance covers.
Coverage for liability
Liability is an unforeseen event, an obligation in this case that arises when there has been an accident. You are liable to cover and pay for damages to the vehicle and any involved property. All insurance policies cover basic liability. In addition to this, it states the financial cost that you must bear in case the aggrieved party suffers injuries. Note that this coverage is not available for the policyholder and covers only the cost incurred by the third party. The property damage clause further specifies what all is covered for damage to the vehicle involved in the accident and the surrounding property.
It may so happen that the other party may not have an insurance policy. To protect you from uninsured or underinsured drivers, auto insurance also provides cover for liability and damages caused in such accidents. This coverage is crucial to save you from paying for repairs and replacement of uninsured vehicles or properties out of your pocket.
Comprehensive and collision coverage
Note that comprehensive and collision coverage are two different things. With a comprehensive cover, the insurance pays for repairs and replacement in case of theft, vandalism, damage from fire, or falling objects like trees, any weather elements such as hai,l and other natural disasters. There are certain non-inclusions for which the insurance is not liable to pay including collision damage and medical expenses for self and passengers involved in the accident. Often insurance companies also refer to comprehensive cover as non-collision insurance.
On the other hand, collision coverage specifically provides for the cost of repairs and replacement of a vehicle or involved property. When you lease or buy a car, it is required that you pay for collision coverage to help protect from the damages involving a collision into moving or stationary objects. Collision insurance does not cover medical costs and damages to other vehicles.
Note that the deductible amount, coverage limit, and other costs involving rental reimbursements, towing and labor, and the cost of gap auto insurance (if taken) will vary depending on the type of policy and the provider. It is advisable to check with their support executive to fully understand the terms and conditions of an auto insurance policy.
Auto5 popular electric cars of the year
First developed in the 1830s, all-electric cars are not really a new phenomenon. However, it is only recently that electric cars have begun to steadily compete for a large chunk of the market share, along with traditional fossil-fuel-driven vehicles. With more advancements in the engine, charging technology, and battery, electric cars have now become a environmentally-feasible alternative to fossil-fuel cars. Plus, electric cars can help to save significantly on the overall cost of gas. Here are some of the popular and best electric cars of the year in the market right now.
- Kia Niro EV: The Kia Niro EV is available as a pure electric care as well as a hybrid car. This crossover is almost an SUV with a hatchback. The base hybrid model offers a mileage of 52 mpg. It is powered by strong electric motors, which makes the drive quite smooth on the road. Moreover, the interior storage is very spacious. Additionally, the infotainment system has a user-friendly interface and is quite hassle-free to use. The EV range is 239 miles. The price starts from $39,090 approximately. The car comes with a standard SAE combo charger for faster charging.
- Nissan Leaf: The 2020 Nissan Leaf has been completely redesigned, and it is an surefire upgrade over the previous models. One of the best electric cars in the market, the Nissan Leaf also runs more quietly than its previous model. Moreover, the car has become much more comfortable, except for taller drivers since the steering doesn’t have telescopic abilities. This top-rated affordable electric car is priced from $31,600 with an EV range of 149-226 miles.
- Hyundai Kona Electric: One of the most popular options in the best electric cars range, the Hyundai Kona Electric debuted in 2019. At an affordable starting price range of approximately $37, 200, this electric car’s range is as good as a high-priced luxury range. With its comfortable interiors and more than standard features, the Kona is a top-rated electric car in the market. It comes with an SAE combo charger that allows quick charging between drives. Plus, the car has adaptable regenerative braking. It also has rapid acceleration with an EV range of 258 miles.
- Chevrolet Bolt EV: The Chevrolet Bolt EV was the only non-Tesla electric car offering about 250 miles EV range, before Kia Niro and Hyundai Kona came along in the market. The Bolt’s EV range is 259 miles. At a starting price of approximately $37,495, the Bolt offers standard features to those looking for an affordable and sturdy electric car. The cargo space is quite sufficient. The interiors and infotainment system are functional enough with exceptional performance.
- Tesla Model 3: The Tesla Model 3 is a top-range electric car in the luxury car segment. Starting at a price range of $31,690, it offers an impressive EV range between 250 and 322 miles. The interiors are quite modern for an electric car and has a sleek touchscreen interface for vehicle control. This top-selling luxury car offers the best in performance as well as comfort.
AutoThe 4 outstanding trim levels of the 2020 Honda CR-V
Honda simply does it better. The automaker’s new 2020 CR-V model is even more efficient and capable than its predecessor. It’s fresh-faced and comes in four trim levels with varying features, performance specifications, interior comfort, and driver-assistance technologies that deliver a safe and delightful driving experience. That said, you’re sure to get the authentic Honda experience despite the trim level you choose. So, let’s take a look at the four different trim levels of the 2020 Honda CR-V: LX, EX, EX-L, and Touring.
The CR-V LX is the base model of the 2020 Honda CR-V. The LX model received the most amount of upgrades compared to the other trim levels. It is now powered by a turbocharged 4-cylinder, 1.5-liter engine that produces 190 horsepower, which was not even an option in the previous LX trim of CR-V. It now features the exclusive Honda Sensing® system that consists of several advanced driver-assistance technologies that allow the driver to feel safe and comfortable on the road. It’s equipped with 17-inch alloy wheels for better design and excellent power, and the interior comes with a foldable rear seat to accommodate more space for cargo.
More features of the LX include:
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Automatic Climate Control System
- 160-Watt Audio System with 4 Speakers
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- Remote Entry System
- Power Side Mirrors
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
The CR-V EX is the next trim level and the most popular of all. Like the LX model, the EX is powered by the turbocharged 1.5-liter engine, which is now standard in all four variants of the car. When compared to the LX model, it is equipped with the additional Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor. This adds an extra bit of safety for the drivers and makes them feel confident while driving. It is also packed with a bunch of exciting features like dual-zone automatic climate control system, and integration of Apple CarPlay™ and Android® Auto to connect your iOS and Android devices.
Other great features of the EX include:
- Heated Front Seats
- 12-Way Power-Adjustable Driver’s Seat
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Remote Engine Start
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
The CR-V EX-L model has upgraded interior design elements and some more convenient features for the drivers. The leather-trimmed seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel offer a more sophisticated look and feel more comfortable than the previous trim-level. The driver’s seat is 12-way power-adjustable and the front-passengers gets a 4-way power-adjustable seat. No doubt, this trim level provides multiple ways of making long drives extra comfortable.
Some more features of the EX-L include:
- Power Tailgate
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Two-Position Memory Driver’s Seat
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- HomeLink® Remote System
This is the highest trim level of the 2020 Honda CR-V and provides even more convenience and technology features for the road. The buyers will benefit tremendously from it’s upgraded exterior elements such as 19-inch alloy wheels and being able to access the tailgate without using hands. It supports wireless phone charging and features heated steering wheels, which means even more comfortable drive during the cold weather.
More features of the Touring include:
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Turn-By-Turn Directions
- Roof Rails
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
AutoFive reasons to buy the 2020 Toyota Tacoma
As far as midsize pickup trucks go, it has become increasingly hard to look beyond Toyota’s Tacoma. The revolutionary truck has been a segment leader for more than a decade now. The 2020 Toyota Tacoma, which was released in September last year, is all set to continue the legacy. Replete with top-notch and cutting-edge upgrades and features the 2020 Toyota Tacoma still rules the roost. Continue reading to know why you should buy the 2020 Toyota Tacoma.
- Powerful off-road experience
A common reason behind buying trucks is to add adventure to your travel. Off-roading brings great thrill and trucks are ideal for such challenging terrains. For years, the Tacoma has pioneered the art of off-roading and the 2020 model is no exception.
The TRD Off-Road trim is specially designed for such environments and is equipped with Blistein shocks that have valves tuned for off-roading. Additionally, there’s a multi-terrain select feature replete with modes that aid the driver in crossing different types of surfaces by adjusting traction control and engine throttle. Crawl control is another sensor system that enables the 2020 Toyota Tacoma to crawl over rocks or sand.
- Tough and dependable truck
For 13 years Tacoma has been America’s first-choice midsize pickup, and for good reasons! The build quality of the car has been solid through the years, with the 2020 Toyota Tacoma living up to the reputation.
2020 Toyota Tacoma’s frame is made of high-strength steel while the body features hot-stamped, ultra high strength steel. Customer reviews of the car are equally good, with most of them praising the durability, dependability, and longevity of the model.
- Enhanced experience with Multi-terrain Monitor (MTM)
Available only on certain trims, the Multi-terrain Monitor (MTM) is another feature that adds to the 2020 Tacoma’s unique off-roading experience. The system utilizes cameras in the front, rear, and both sides of the car to help drivers navigate their way past major obstacles. Views, which are displayed on the touchscreen, can be changed simply by the press of a button.
- Multi-functional bed
Among the countless benefits of pickup trucks includes the presence of a bed. The standard bed length of the 2020 Tacoma is six feet, although it can also be five feet depending on the trim level. Pretty much every model has a deck rail system that includes adjustable tie-down cleats for transporting cargo.
The beds are made of incredibly strong sheet-molded composite surfaces that are more durable than steel on impacts.
- Countless intelligent systems
While it may seem just another truck from the outside, the 2020 Toyota Tacoma is nothing less than a top-notch car from the inside. Apart from the base SR model, which sports a seven-inch display, all the other trims are equipped with an eight-inch display and are compatible with a host of next-generation technology.
The TRD Pro even has a premium audio system, advanced navigation, JBL Speaker sound system, HD radio, and much more. A host of advanced safety systems, meanwhile, are also included in the car and provide safety especially while off-roading.