Thinning hair is something that most of us experience at one point or the other. There can be many reasons to hair fall and loss of volume of hair. Some of the most common reasons include the following:
- Personal genes,
- Changes in lifestyle
- Irregular eating habits
- Hormonal changes
- Long work hours
- Excess exposure to sunlight
- Medical conditions
- Conditions affecting the scalp like depositions of sebum or dandruff.
- Over-styling and over-heating of hair
Whatever be the reason behind your hair fall, the good news is that in most cases you can take effective measures to control hair fall and bolster growth of new hair follicles.
The first step to stop thinning hair is to ascertain the cause of hair fall. You can consult a hair specialist or a dermatologist to get to the root of the problem. Apart from changes in lifestyle and medication that may be required in certain cases, one of the most effective ways to control thinning hair is to put your hair care and styling products under the scanner. Some ingredients in shampoos, conditioners, styling gels, hair color can clog the hair follicle leading to loss of hair. One of the simplest ways to control hair fall is to get hold of the best shampoo for thinning hair. These products are specially designed to clear your scalp and hair follicles of any build-ups of sebum, dandruff, or infection, while boosting the growth of new hair.
The market is flooded with products that claim to control hair fall and volume to thinning hair. However, you must be careful while selecting a product as manufacturers often claim their shampoo as the best shampoo for thinning hair, where in reality, these shampoos just add a temporary volume, while neglecting long-term health of your hair and scalp.
- Ascertain your scalp type before selecting a hair care or styling product, ascertain your scalp type. Buy products that are suitable for the current condition of your scalp.
- Before you buy a shampoo, go through the labels and lists of ingredients. Avoid shampoos containing parabens, dyes, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, and sodium chloride.
- Look for strengthening/fortifying shampoos as they are good for damaged, brittle, and thinning hair. They contain proteins and nutrients to check hair fall and bolster growth.
- Opt for shampoos containing herbal and organic ingredients like aloe vera gel, green tea or jojoba oil, ginseng oil, egg, soy protein and shea butter. They provide the much needed hydration and nourishment to your hair.
To make your task easier, experts have put together a list of four best shampoos for thinning hair.
- Every Man Jack 2-In-1Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner is considered as the best shampoo for thinning hair by many. The natural ingredients in this product clear up the excessive build-up of sweat, sebum, or oil on your scalp. Shea butter and coconut oil condition the hair strands while adding volume and fullness.
- Kevin Murphy Pumping Wash has just the right dose of vitamins A, C, and ginger root extract for promoting hair growth. By using this shampoo, thin hair problems can be resolved easily.
- Grown Alchemist Strengthening Shampoo is a hydrating formulation is made from 100% organic ingredients. It nourishes and hydrates the scalp and prevents hair fall. Although a bit expensive, the Grown Alchemist strengthening shampoo is clearly one of the best shampoos for thinning hair.
- Avalon Organics Biotin B-complex Thickening Shampoo has a Biotin-b complex contained within this shampoo strengthens hair follicles and spurs growth. The specially formulated product is great for adding volume and shine to your dull hair.
Sony X800H 65-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model$898.00BUY NOW
Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT 1000W 15 inch Powered Speaker with Bluetooth$449.00BUY NOW
#1 Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Athletic Shoes with Arch Support Walking Shoes for Men | OrthoFeet, 13 / Extra Wide / White$99.96BUY NOW
Budge 5LF4 Protector V Car Cover, 5 Layer Premium Weather Protection, Waterproof, Dustproof, UV Treated Car Cover Fits Cars up to 228", Gray, Size 4: Fits Cars up to 19' (228")$159.36BUY NOW