“How to lower cholesterol quickly” is a common question asked by most people. Cholesterol is a thick, fat-like substance, produced by the liver. It is used to make cell tissues, protect nerves, as well as produce certain hormones. However, there are certain foods that also add cholesterol to our body, such as eggs, dairy products, meat, etc. This can lead to an excess accumulation of cholesterol in the body, which may cause a plethora of health complications.
In this guide on how to reduce cholesterol fast, some essential lifestyle changes have been listed that can help to improve cholesterol levels.
Consume a heart-healthy diet
Certain variations in your everyday diet can decrease cholesterol and improve general health:
- Cut down on saturated fats: Saturated fats, mainly found in full-fat dairy products and red meat, can greatly increase your cholesterol levels.
- Avoid trans fats: Trans fats are often labeled as “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.” These fats raise the overall cholesterol levels and should, therefore, be completely eliminated from the diet.
- Eat omega-3 fatty acid-rich foods: Even though these foods do not affect cholesterol levels, they reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure. Foods like walnuts, flaxseeds, salmon, and herring are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Consume soluble fiber: Foods such as oatmeal, sprouts, apples, kidney beans, etc. contain high amounts of soluble fibers. These fibers help in reducing the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are low in fat and high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Whey protein: Whey protein, found in dairy products, helps in lowering cholesterol levels as well as blood pressure.
When you are wondering how to lower cholesterol quickly, this becomes an important factor as being overweight can greatly increase cholesterol levels over time.
Smoking lowers high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, also termed as “good” cholesterol. Even passive smoking can affect HDL levels.
Increase your physical activity
Increasing your physical activity or exercising regularly can greatly help in raising HDL levels. Start with an exercise plan of around 20–30 minutes every day or a vigorous 20-minute exercise three–four times a week.
Reduce the consumption of alcohol
Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to serious health complications such as increased blood pressure, heart failure, and strokes. Therefore, try to drink alcohol in moderation to contravene its negative effects.
All the aforementioned points will address your concerns on how to lower cholesterol quickly. Sometimes, your doctor may prescribe medications to keep the cholesterol levels in check. Take the medications and observe simple lifestyle changes to maintain your cholesterol levels.
POWER IT UP BY IMPECCA 6FT USB-C to HDMI 4K High Speed Cable in Black | Wayfair A-HDC206x5-604$81.99BUY NOW
SPECO TECHNOLOGIES DMS3TS 3-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker,4 In,Black$60.09BUY NOW
Crocs Black Dylan Clog Shoes$54.99BUY NOW
ZORO SELECT 22XW91 Rail Car Wheel Chock,Steel,Yellow$45.95BUY NOW