Dizziness is a condition that usually does not require any medication unless it is associated with some more potent condition. For example, if you feel dizzy due to low blood sugar cause by diabetes then it can be a cause of concern. Dizziness usually is temporary and does not last for more than a week or two. This happens as the body adapts to the cause of dizziness and nurtures the immune system accordingly.
Let us look at some ways to treat the causes of dizziness.
- Water pills. If the cause of dizziness for you is Meniere’s disease, then your doctor will, most likely, prescribe a water pill (diuretic). You can have dizziness often in Meniere’s disease, this medication along with a low-salt diet can reduce the occurrence of this condition.
- Medications for dizziness. Antihistamines are preferred by patients who are suffering from vertigo. Meclizine (Antivert) is a common antihistamine that can provide relief in case of vertigo. Anticholinergics can also help reduce dizziness to a certain extent. Valium and Xanax can provide relief if you are going to anxiety and that is the cause of dizziness. A migraine can also be a cause for dizziness and can be treated with medication prescribed by your doctor.
- Head position maneuvers. Paroxysmal positional vertigo can usually be cure faster, than just waiting for the dizziness to subside, with a technique called canalith repositioning or Epley maneuver. This can be done by your doctor, your physician, physical therapist, or an audiologist; the activity requires making maneuvers in the position of the head. You must be careful and inform your care provider if you have any neck or back issues, a detached retina, or blood vessel problems; the treatment usually shows effects after one or two sessions.
- Balance therapy. If you are prone to motion sickness and is a cause of dizziness, then you can benefit from learning the balance therapy. This balance theory is called vestibular rehabilitation. It is used to fight motion sickness as well as for people that have inner ear conditions as their causes of dizziness.
- Injections or removal. In some extreme cases, you might have to get an injection on the inner area of your ear. This will disable the balance function and let the unaffected are take over the functions. You might also have to remove your inner ear sense organ with a procedure called, labyrinthectomy. This surgery disables the vestibular labyrinth in your affected ear.
Sony X800H 65-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model$898.00BUY NOW
Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT 1000W 15 inch Powered Speaker with Bluetooth$449.00BUY NOW
#1 Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Athletic Shoes with Arch Support Walking Shoes for Men | OrthoFeet, 13 / Extra Wide / White$99.96BUY NOW
Budge 5LF4 Protector V Car Cover, 5 Layer Premium Weather Protection, Waterproof, Dustproof, UV Treated Car Cover Fits Cars up to 228", Gray, Size 4: Fits Cars up to 19' (228")$159.36BUY NOW