Every woman has faced the situation where she has had yeast infection one or more times. It is characterized by itching, irritation and discharge in the vaginal areas.
Symptoms and causes
There are hundreds of kinds of bacteria and yeast in the vagina, but only when the balance is disrupted do you end up getting an infection. Symptoms include itching on the inside of the vagina and the outer labia; a burning sensation (during sex or urination); redness and swelling of the vulva; and abnormal vaginal discharge (usually thick and white or yellow).
A woman becomes susceptible to yeast infection due to stress, steroid medications, high sugar diet, and processed foods. It is also triggered by the use of oral contraceptives, hormone replacement, or monthly hormonal fluctuations. Many women face worse symptoms before their periods.
Good genital hygiene is the best prevention for a yeast infection. Other ways of preventing a yeast infection are:
- Avoid use of irritating feminine hygiene products like sprays, bubble baths, soaps, laundry detergents with strong fragrances.
- Choose if you want breathable underwear made from natural fabrics like cotton. Don’t wear underwear to bed, or wear tight-fitting clothing for long.
- After a bowel movement, wipe thoroughly from front to back. Fecal bacteria may get into thevagina and disrupt the natural balance of yeast and bacteria.
- Yeast infection is uncomfortable, but for some women, it runs its course and goes away.
- Life there are safe over the counter yeast infection remedies that need to be taken for just seven days.
- If you are pregnant, seek medical advice. The symptoms are similar to bacterial vaginosis and some sexually transmitted infections.
- Check with your doctor if the infection persists.
- Monistat 3 Ovule Therapy
- Canesten 1 Day Cream
- Clotrimaderm Vaginal Cream 1%
Monistat contains miconazole. Canesten, Clotrimaderm and Clotrimazole all contain clotrimazole. These antifungal creams kill the yeast and are available in cream form. For a mild yeast infection, a course of one to three days is ok. For recurrent infections, longer therapy time is required. Relief from symptoms starts soon but takes three days to rid your body of infection.
Sony X800H 65-inch TV: 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility - 2020 Model$898.00BUY NOW
Electro-Voice ZLX-15BT 1000W 15 inch Powered Speaker with Bluetooth$449.00BUY NOW
#1 Comfortable Plantar Fasciitis Athletic Shoes with Arch Support Walking Shoes for Men | OrthoFeet, 13 / Extra Wide / White$99.96BUY NOW
Budge 5LF4 Protector V Car Cover, 5 Layer Premium Weather Protection, Waterproof, Dustproof, UV Treated Car Cover Fits Cars up to 228", Gray, Size 4: Fits Cars up to 19' (228")$159.36BUY NOW